Sunday, April 6, 2014

trust

Sunday, April 6, 2014 (7:09 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. I get to love You. Trust You. Count on and depend on You. Thank You that there are Bible verses that support trusting You.

I'm confessing to You right here and right now that I have become wary. Suspect. Doubtful. I noticed it yesterday in a room full of people I had never met before. The saddest part for me was that they were all brought together to honor one another for the work they do on Your behalf. Your workers, yet I held back. Not trusting. Not believing.

I'm here asking Your discernment - 'the ability to judge well'. I don't have that.

I eagerly went into a beautiful setting yesterday and almost immediately recognized my own biases. I was keenly aware of the various times I came back to the thought that “nobody is this nice.” I don't readily trust and believe Father. I hold back. Tightly. Help me in this. Please.

I don't even know where in Your Word to turn for help on this. I start reading and very quickly turn to different sections of Scripture.

Turning to The Life Recovery Bible I find, “Hope Jeremiah 17:1-14”. Thank You Father! This devotional starts off talking about being disappointed by putting our hope in the wrong place. Verses 5-8 clearly state, “The Lord says: Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mortal man and turns his heart away from God. He is like a stunted shrub in the desert, with no hope for the future; he lives on the salt-encrusted plains in the barren wilderness; good times pass him by forever. But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence. He is like a tree planted along a riverbank, with its roots reaching deep into the water – a tree not bothered by the heat nor worried by long months of drought. Its leaves stay green and it goes right on producing its luscious fruit.”

And with that last verse I am reminded to turn to Colossians 2:7. “Let your roots grow down into Him [Jesus] and draw up nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all He has done.”

Just as I was set to read this Truth, I read the verse above. “And now just as you trusted Christ to save you, trust Him, too, for each day's problem; live in vital union with Him” (6).

Trust. Yes. Jesus, teach me how to trust You. This I pray in Your most holy name, asking that my roots would indeed grow deeply into You. Thank You for leading and guiding me this day. I love You and long to serve You well. Make it so Dearest Jesus. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(496 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment