Sunday, April 20, 2014

antidote

Saturday, April 19, 2014 (7:57 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. I've been going back and forth avoiding You for most of the morning. We have a decision to make around here and I keep being afraid of making the wrong one.

The dear husband reminded me that You say I am not to be afraid. He also suggested I pray. I told him it seems all my prayers thus far have been only bouncing off the ceiling. In his typical humorous fashion, he suggested I go outside and pray in the wide open space. Thank You for his humor. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your availability to our every need.

I am close to tears. Tears that I don't think would stop any time soon if I allowed them to start. My stomach is in knots. I'm out of sorts. Afraid. Again that word. Let turn again to Your Word. And the antidote for fear.

“Antidote – something that counteracts or neutralizes an unpleasant feeling or situation”

Faith in You does that for us. Hebrews 11:1 (Expanded Bible) tells us, “Faith means beings sure [the assurance; or the tangible reality; or the sure foundation] of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it [the conviction/assurance/evidence about things not seen].”

I read this. I believe it! And still I sit here playing all the 'what if's around in my head. The biggest factor in all this upheaval? All of this emotional turmoil circles around concern for our dog. What is best? What do we do?

God! I'm scared. I don't want to be. But I am. I'm trusting You. Walking toward You. Following the lead of the dear husband You have provided me. We'll go to the vet. The appointment has already been made. I'm in tears. I'm afraid. And again I am seeking and trusting Your antidote to the situation.

I want to be brave. Confident. Trusting You to provide exactly all that is needed in this circumstance. I love You. I trust You. And I am asking You to completely surround us in all decisions that must be made. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(372 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment