Saturday, April 26, 2014

questions

Saturday, April 26, 2014 (5:53 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

It's cold. Rainy. Cloudy. Expected. Yet at the very same time, quite unexpected. Can we talk this morning about expectations? You know, those precursors to disappointment and resentment.

Hmm. There's something much deeper here. Through the years I've come to see expectations as negatives. Something to be avoided. Now I'm reading definitions and synonyms and really don't know what I think.

“a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future; supposition, assumption, hope”

So. Here I sit. Wondering. What are the things You would have us come to expect? Is there a way to hope and not become disappointed? Yes, Father. Guide my thinking this morning. Teach me what You would have me know.

Your Word is filled with information. Facts. Inspiration. Promises. Hope. Blessings. Guide and direct my thoughts and my findings this morning.

Mm. Deep, cleansing breath. All the wondering. And wandering. The faintest smile. A profound sense of peace.

The very last verses of the present day Bible. Under the subtitle Jesus Is Coming. Revelation 22:20-21, “He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon!' Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all.”

Of all the things I may come to hope or expect, it is upon Your return I want to focus. Circumstances and situations in this life are not lasting.

I want to think, consider, hope on that which endures. Your reign. Your Kingdom. And as I do this, music again fills my soul. Jesus Messiah Name above all names Blessed Redeemer Emmanuel The rescue for sinners The ransom from Heaven Jesus Messiah, Lord of all

And here again comes the refrain I long to have as my go to phrase All our hope is in You All our hope is in You All the glory to You, God The Light of the world

Jesus Messiah, the HOPE of Christians throughout the ages. Teach me to expect You! Mm. Yes. Let my expectations rest in Your return! Thank You. I love you! Amen.
(356 words ~ 8:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment