Monday, May 5, 2014

God's Truth

Thursday, May 1, 2014 (7:46 a.m.)
Las Vegas, NV
May? How is it already May?

Blessed God, thank You. Thank You for another month. Thank You for another trip. Thank You for the love You have for us that keeps us coming back to You for more.

Thank You for the fun we had yesterday. And a little extra money to go along with it. I have to admit, I very much enjoyed winning $5.00 here and $10.00 there!

Thank You too for this husband who cares so much about pleasing me. A room with a pool view. Favorite snacks. A trip to the movies.

So with this thankful, grateful heart, where shall we go together in Your Word this morning? The words 'value' and 'treasure' keep coming into play. And with them verses that remind us of the importance of putting people before things.

I've asked You for years to make me a good steward. Yet I fight practically every opportunity You provide me to give. I count my cost. I hedge. Resist. Attempt to rationalize my decisions. Keep working in me Blessed Dad.

Your Word tells us repeatedly how much You love and value us. We are to trust You to meet our every need. I've seen You provide for us before. And it is truly awesome! Still I confess to being afraid of making mistakes. Maybe I won't hear You correctly. Perhaps I will be too reckless and impulsive. Fear. There it is. Impending doom. That's my truth.

Thank You that we have YOUR Truth to compare it to!

Yes. Lead me in Your Truth this day. Guide my choices. The decisions You would have me make. Keep working in and through, with and for me. Continue all it is that You must do to make me the good steward You would have me be. Free me of the fear I have about choosing incorrectly.

You are good. You are righteous. You are our All-in-All.

I want to serve You. To please You. To represent You well. To share. Freely. Abundantly. Without cowering at the thought of counting the cost.

Work in me Blessed God. Work through me. Teach me to truly be “generous and willing to share” (1Timothy 6:17-21 Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Yes. Please! And here's that word again. “By doing this [giving generously] they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may take hold of real life” (v.19).

“Take hold of real life.” Keep working. Guiding. Directing. Helping me along to this end. “The chief end of mankind is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.” Make it so Dearest God.

We have a soon to be 10 month old just learning to walk. We watch him start. Stop. Teeter. Totter. Wiggle. Wobble. Fall. Even cry. Yet each time he gets up and starts all over again. Unafraid. Confident. Let me take a lesson from this little child. Do all You must in making me into the woman You would have me be. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(520 words ~ 9:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment