Friday, April 18, 2014

unearth

Thursday, April 17, 2014 (7:29 a.m.)
Holy Father,

I'm here. Not eager. Nor excited.

The plan last evening was to jump up and come ask You about setting boundaries. This morning I'm far more reluctant. Yet, I am willing.

Here goes. I confess to You my tendency to let things slide. I don't enjoy conflict so I look the other way. Sometimes it works. Occasionally circumstances work themselves out and I don't have to be involved.

Not always though. Blessed Father, I'm asking You to unearth what goes on inside me. Yes. There it is! The eagerness and excitement I was missing.

I mentioned the desire for You to do some unearthing in me and was reminded of all the unearthing that has taken place in our yards this past week. Deeply imbedded, overgrown plants had been ignored for over a year. Many of them 'volunteers'. Not deliberately planted by any of us.

Yes. A sure sign of situations taking on a life of their own when left unattended.

Thank You God. Thank You for allowing me to work hard. Thank You for the way You led me out to finish the job I had ignored for so long.

Thank You even for the irritation I experienced toward a neighbor I believe to be overstepping our boundary lines. Hence the desire to speak with You about boundary setting.

Let's go back to the way You led me outside in the first place yesterday. The intent I had the night before was to run right out with the early morning light and get started. As it turned out I didn't have the want to. The thought of pulling even more weeds was not the least bit enticing for me.

Ah. But You had a better plan! Get me started in a completely different project. Still outside. Complete with yard working tools. But quite unlike anything I had been doing up 'til then. Remove a long unused, rusting grate.

What a blast! Utilizing the dear husband's suggestions, I attacked the weakest area with a pry bar and mallet. In practically no time at all that rusty grate was completely unearthed and in the trash. Setting me up with enough confidence and excitement to continue unearthing weeds and other undesirables in the yard.

Remembering the joy I experienced in the long, hard work of an overgrown yard I am here again asking You to unearth in me whatever it is You deem most important to be brought out into the light.

The fact that I love You is paramount. It is You in whom we trust with each day's circumstances. Learning to listen for and follow Your leading is exciting and rewarding. Sitting here. Being still. Wondering. Waiting. Wanting. All equally gratifying.

Thank You Father. Thank You for turning my head and my heart around this morning. Thank You for getting me back into the game. The focus no longer seems to be on the aches and the pains with which I awoke, but on You. Your ability to fill us with much needed desire to change.

So, back to asking. Where in Your Word would You most like me to turn? Is setting boundaries in the mix? Or do You have other unearthing to do in me?

No comments:

Post a Comment