Wednesday, April 16, 2014

joy seeking; joy found

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 (7:53 a.m.)
Holy God,

I've been awake for more than an hour. Looking here. Checking there. Reading this. Ignoring that. And the biggest avoidance of all? You!

I got caught up in seeking to remember a moment of joy from yesterday. I have a ten day list of joyful moments and I can't think of yesterday's. So I think harder. Trying to remember. And in the process I push You completely aside.

♫Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee keeps singing in my head and I continue pushing passed it. So here I go. Let's see where You take me...

You're good! Do You know that? Of course you do. It's me that needs almost constant reminders of Your goodness!

I looked up the hymn. I kept giving it the “yeah, yeah, yeah” head nod of acknowledgement. All the while certain that I already knew what it said. I mean it's number one in The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration. I know this song. I've sung it before.

Oh, but put the chords and fingering to it and the next thing I know I'm lifted to an entirely different plain! You truly ARE the God of glory, Lord of love

Going over to read Psalm 139, I am once again reminded that my true joy comes from knowing that I am absolutely loved by You. You never cease to amaze me!

With every translational reading of Psalm 139:14 I have come across so far this morning I feel hope building deep within me. Every smile reminds me of the joy found in trusting, believing and standing on Your Word.

Yes. I am still seeking to remember the most joyful moment of yesterday. But far more importantly is knowing to “praise You because of the wonderful way You created me. Everything You do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt” (Contemporary English Version).

And just as I was so sure that this was the translation that best spoke my heart to You this morning, I continued reading down the list to The Voice.

“I will offer You my grateful heart, for I am Your unique creation, filled with wonder and awe. You have approached even the smallest details with excellence; Your works are wonderful; I carry this knowledge deep within my soul.”

Wow! All this joy found because You reminded me that Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee We do You know!

Thank You Blessed Father. Use me to You good and to You glory that I will not only find Your joy, but share it as well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(433 words ~ 9:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment