Tuesday, April 8, 2014

courage and opportunity

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 (6:51 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You! I got to pour my heart out to You yesterday. Completely. And You heard and changed me right where I was. Thank You.

For two days I've asked Your courage and opportunity for another person. Yesterday I received it for myself. You gave me the courage and opportunity to speak Truth in love (Ephesians 4:15) to a much loved one. And You gave me a HUGE 'word picture' when I prayed with another.

Following that lead in Your Word right now, again I am agog. Excited and eager to tell! I asked for prayer from a friend yesterday. Not many details were given. Just the request that You would intervene on our behalf. And You did.

Amazing things keep happening. A brand new to me Bible was ordered online late Thursday evening and delivered first thing yesterday. Flipping through its clean, unmarked pages I am on a completely new adventure. Turning first here and then there, my heart continues to swell with excitement.

Skimming through Philippians, Colossians and Hebrews has my head nodding up and down in agreement with the hope being proclaimed. The Priceless Gain of Knowing Christ (Philippians 3:1-11). “Colossians is a letter about the greatness of Christ.” Its “PURPOSE: To show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life.” Oh, AMEN! God's Promises Bring Hope (Hebrews 6:13-20). Yes they do!

All this brings me right back to the word picture from yesterday. A prayer time between husband and wife brought to mind the Truth that we are to be anchored in Christ. The Illustrated Bible Handbook says this of Hebrews 6:19-20, “God's promise is 'an anchor for the soul, firm and secure' (19). The anchor chain which links us to the promises stretches beyond the sanctuary curtain (20).”

Reading Your Word on these two verses has me backing up further in the chapter. Verse 16, “When people take an oath, they call on someone greater than themselves to hold them to it. And without any question that oath is binding. God also bound Himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that He would never change His mind (17). So God has given us both His promise and His oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to His promise with confidence (18). This confidence is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain of heaven into God's inner sanctuary (19).”

Yes. Your anchor. I get to choose to be anchored deeply in Your inner sanctuary or I can merely be tethered to the other end of that anchor chain, much like the game of tether ball. I can remain steady and unmoved like the bottom of a well anchored pole. Or be tossed back and forth by the forces of circumstances much like the ball at the other end. The choice is mine. Be well anchored in You or left to the whims of others. I choose You Dearest Lord!

The Message for Colossians 4:5-6 is a passage I ask to use well this day. “Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don't miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.”

My heart, mind and soul are each smiling with the delight that comes from knowing and trusting You. Allow me to stay well anchored in You as You provide me the courage and opportunity to share Your love with others this day. I love You and long that You would be glorified through me as we approach what comes next in this day.

Thank You for Your love and Your time. Let me use them well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(681 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment