Saturday, August 31, 2013

♫ Rise and shine ♫


Saturday, August 31, 2013 (6:28 a.m.)
Good God,

Good and kind, loving and merciful God. Thank You!

There has been outstanding, unsurpassed beauty in the sky these past several days. The phrase “Well worth the price of admission” flows freely from me. And I am thrilled to give You the glory for it all.

Father, thank You! No sooner had I thought 'glory' then another children's song began singing in my head. ♫Rise and shine And give God the glory, glory... Children of the Lord

It's a song I first heard about 30 years ago. It tells the story of Noah, the ark, Your plan. The flood. Noah's obedience. And ends with Everything is hunky dory, dory Children of the Lord

So maybe it's a bit simplistic, yet it's what brought back the memory of seeing last evening's rainbow.
(7:47 a.m.)
And right here may I just say, “WOW!”

And thank You!!!

In looking up 'rainbow', I turned to Ezekiel. The PURPOSE of this book is “To help the people in exile understand how God's glory and righteousness made their present judgment necessary and their future restoration certain.”

The KEY VERSE (36:26) tells of the new heart, the new and right desires, the new spirit You will provide Your people. “I will take out your stony hearts of sin and give you new hearts of love.” The verse right above it (25) speaks of being cleansed, “as though I had sprinkled clean water on you... your filthiness will be washed away, your idol worship gone.”

With all the rain, preceding last night's rainbow, we've had plenty of clean water sprinkled on us. Which brings me fully around to Ezekiel 1:28a. “Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him [the vision You provided Ezekiel]. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.

Rainbows. Outstanding beauty. And Your glory. Yep! Everything is hunky dory, dory Children of the LordThank You Father.

Empower and enable me to serve You well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(357 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment