Sunday, August 25, 2013

"Praise the Lord"


Sunday, August 25, 2013 (7:32 a.m.)
♫Praise Him, Praise Him...

... Praise Him when the sun goes down

Blessed Father God, thank You that the very first thing I thought to do this morning was to sing to You. Thank You that the mindset truly is to bring You praise and glory. Why am I so incapable?

How is it that while my intentions and desires are to think and feel and be and do all the things that will bring You glory and honor and praises, my mind flits off in such a myriad of directions?

I look. I read. I hope. I search. I ask. I wonder. I seek. I try. I complicate. And then I start over again. “Praise the Lord”. I read it in subject titles. Psalms. Commentaries. Hymns.

I look to You Blessed Father. Asking that You would take my heart and soul and mind and strength and make them Yours. Do in and with and through and for me all that which I cannot possibly do myself. Work all the things together for Your good (Romans 8:28) that I would truly come to worship and adore, glorify and “praise the Lord” as You so richly and rightly deserve.

I love You so very much Dearest Dad. Thank You for blessing and protecting me (Numbers 6:24 CEB). Thank You for making Your face shine on me and being gracious to me (v. 25). Thank You for lifting Your face to me and granting me peace (26). Thank You for calling me to “Praise the Lord” this morning.

Use me well this day. Teach me. Grow me. Live in and through me. Empower and enable me to truly “Praise the Lord”! I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(293 words ~ 9:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment