Tuesday, August 27, 2013

God's glory


Tuesday, August 27, 2013 (7:03 a.m.)
Awesome God of Glory,

One look outside just an hour ago and I was immediately reminded of Your glory. Psalm 19:1-4 sums it up wonderfully.

“Heaven is declaring God's glory; the sky is proclaiming His handiwork. One day gushes the news to the next, and one night informs another what needs to be known. Of course, there's no speech, no words - their voices can't be heard - but their sound extends throughout the world; their words reach the ends of the earth. God has made a tent in heaven for the sun.”

Oh but it's not only the beauty of Your natural world that pours forth out of this psalm. Continuing I read, “The LORD's Instruction is perfect, reviving one's very being. The LORD's laws are faithful, making naïve people wise” (v.7).

Verse eight tells that Your “regulations are right, gladdening the heart”, Your “commands are pure, giving light to the eyes.” While verse nine reminds that “Honoring the LORD is correct, lasting forever. The LORD's judgments are true. All of these are righteous!”

Father God, I am so blessed to be considered one of Your children. As I continue reading of the desirability and sweetness of Your laws (v. 10) it's the end of verse 12, the beginning of 13 and all of 14 that I pray for myself right now.

“Clear me of any unknown sin and save your servant from willful sins. Don't let them rule me. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

Blessed Lord God, thank You that this morning it was the sheer beauty of Your sky that brought me directly to Your Word. Let me use and reflect Your glory well this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(310 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment