Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Psalm 90

Friday, August 16, 2013 (6:41 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

May I just say the days are whizzing by?
(7:55 a.m.)
And with that said, I myself went zipping around the computer. Looking at this. Checking that. With my Bible open to Psalm 90:12 the whole time, asking You to “Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should.”

Here's something I never knew: “Psalm 90. The only psalm attributed to Moses, this meditates on human frailty (1-12) and on dependency on the Lord (13-17).” (Illustrated Bible Handbook)

And with that said, I have the silliest grin on my face. Taking the time to read the beginning of this psalm, “A prayer of Moses, the man of God” I was getting lost in the poetic descriptions he used. Until verse six and the sounds of a distant lawn mower brought me back to my current surroundings.

“We are like grass that is green in the morning but mowed down and withered before the evening shadows fall”

No comments:

Post a Comment