Monday, August 26, 2013

providence


Monday, August 26, 2013 (7:06 a.m.)
Awesome, Glorious, Omnipotent God,

Thank You! Things went wonderfully well yesterday. Plans and ideas fell into place. So of course, today it is easy to come to You with praise and thanksgiving.

The songs we sang in church lent themselves to producing genuine praise, chills and even some tears in me. But Father, I'm asking You to teach me to live in the Truth of Your goodness and grace regardless of the external circumstances.

Yesterday we learned about Your providence through a teaching of Acts (23:11-35) entitled “The Invisible Hand of God”.

providence: the protective care of God; timely preparation for future eventualities; from Old French and Latin words meaning 'foresee, attend to'; see PROVIDE.

provide: make available for use; equip or supply someone with something useful or necessary.

You do that for us. Again and again. I confess that far too often I don't eagerly, readily or willingly yield to Your provisions in my life. Going even further, many times I'm not even aware that it's really You at work. Oh, but when the end result is made clear and Your glory shines through that's when I praise You.

Father, I ask that You would continue Your work in me that I would come to truly thank and praise You in the midst of circumstances. Two songs come immediately to mind. You Never Let Go and It Is Well with My Soul

Songwriters who have experienced Your providence through the years share deeply that it's not only in the happy times that we are to trust and believe in Your divine intervention. Whether it's peace like a river or sorrows like sea billows because of Your providence, it IS well with our souls!

YOU, the promise of Your Son's return on our behalf, are the light that is coming for the heart that holds on Father how I ask that I would live this day as though I wholeheartedly believe exactly that!

Oh how I love, thank and praise You! Make Yourself clearly visible to all I encounter this day. Truly I long to share Your Truth, Your faith, Your hope, Your love as I walk through any valley fully believing that Your perfect love casts out all fear (1John 4:18).

Work in and with and through and for me this day, Dearest Dad. I love You and I absolutely thank You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment