Friday, August 16, 2013

renewal


Sunday, August 11, 2013 (6:40 a.m.)
Most Holy God,
Thank You! Thank You for rest and renewal. Thank You for the willingness to practice healthy communication.
Blessed Father, we fell so far away from Your best for us. Thank You for Your grace in allowing us to again make that sharp U-turn and come back to Your way of loving.
Father, I was trapped in the snare of score keeping. My feelings were hurt and bitterness festered. Thank You that no matter the severity of mistakes I make, You are more than willing and able to forgive and transform me.
Thank You Father that once again I get to read Paul's letter to Titus. Thank You for the reminder I find in chapter 3, verses 3-6a. “Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient; we were misled by others and became slaves to many evil pleasures and wicked desires. Our lives were full of resentment and envy. We hated others and they hated us. But when the time came for the kindness and love of God our Savior to appear, then He saved us – not because we were good enough to be saved but because of His kindness and pity – by washing away our sins and giving us the new joy of the indwelling Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us with wonderful fullness”.
Dearest Father, thank You that we are never lost to You. My thinking and attitude may far too often lead me away from Your best for us. Thank You that Your patient and loving kindness is far greater than any stubbornness on my part.
Thank You Father for sending Your Son on our behalf. Continue Your work in renewing me every single time I fail You. Thank You that You are so much greater than my flaws. I love You Father. Use me well this day. Thank You. Amen.
(315 words ~ 7:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment