Sunday, September 1, 2013

"ascribe to the Lord"


Sunday, September 1, 2013 (6:30 a.m.)
♫Thank You, Lord...

I've been singing that for quite some time already this morning. Then I remembered it to have been a line from Mighty To Save which we sang in church last night.

Twenty minutes spent out in the front yard watching the clouds in the sky change from one color to another also yielded two “Oh, Jesus!”s and a refrain from Majesty. Also sung last night.

Now I'm back to thanking You Lord. And just like that [snap] back again to singing Majesty. Father, You are amazing. And I am truly thankful.

Reading in 1Chronicles 16 (David Sings Praises to God) I am again blown away by all I find. I came here because of verse 27. “Majesty and honor march before Him. Strength and gladness walk beside Him.” Verse 23 is why I stayed. “Sing to the Lord, O earth, Declare each day that He is the one who saves!” Yet it is verse 29 that has me most excited.

I slowed my reading in verse 28. “O people of all nations of the earth, Ascribe great strength and glory to His name!” Then came the piece de resistance. Verse 29; listed here in various translations:

“Yes, ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name! Bring an offering and come before Him; Worship the Lord when clothed with holiness!” (TLB)

“Give to the LORD...” (CEB)

He is wonderful! Praise Him...” (CEV)

Shout Bravo! to GOD...” (MSG)

Credit Him with the glory worthy of His magnificent name; gather your sacrifice and present it before Him. Bow down to the Eternal, adorned in holiness.” (VOICE)

Blessed Father, how I thank You for the various ways the same thing can be said. Each offering its own flavor to the same Truth. Ascribe. Give. Credit. Shout Bravo!

Yes. Bravo, God! What a glorious, majestic, awesome morning You have provided thus far. Empower and enable me to use it to Your good; “ascribing to You the glory due Your name.”

I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(349 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment