Wednesday, August 21, 2013

action plan


Tuesday, August 20, 2013 (8:15 a.m.)
Loving Father God,

This morning I want to talk to You about the importance of having an action plan. We've been taking some health classes and it keeps getting mentioned. Never have I witnessed a better example of having a plan of action and putting it into practice than I did yesterday.

Driving home from a very nice time away, the good driver that the husband is saw a horrific accident take place right in front of him. He stayed calm. Didn't over react. Took appropriate action. He put on the flashers, slowed down, changed lanes, accessed the situation and drove on. Safely. Why? Because he had been properly trained and practices good driving habits.

Father, thank You for the action plans of others yesterday. As we approached the scene, some (witnesses I presume) had pulled safely to the right side of the highway. One very young man stood ahead of his vehicle calmly directing traffic into the slower speed lanes. Various people had approached the overturned van with helpful intentions.

Blessed God, thank You for such a reminder of the good of humanity. The kindness of strangers willing to stop and be helpful. Tears fill my eyes once more just thinking about it.

Father, thank You that even the idea of having an action plan I get to bring back to Your Word. Directed to read in second Corinthians again this morning, I get to learn what You have to say about the choices we have every single moment of our lives here on earth. Our life with You is not just happenstance. We must admit our powerlessness in helpless situations and come to You for help.

That is exactly why I am before You again this morning! Confessing that change is not easy. Asking that these habits that die so hard would be replaced by healthy, positive traits. I look to You, Your Word and the power of Your Holy Spirit for the confidence and motivation to set up an action plan that will bring glory and honor to Your most holy name.

Father God, I love You and I truly long to serve You well. Work in and through me this day to that end. Thank You for ALL You do on our behalf. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(389 words ~ 9:09 a.m.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment