Saturday, August 3, 2013

Psalm 38


Saturday, August 3, 2013 (8:27 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Again I thank You. More sleep. Added rest. And now another look into Psalm 38. I don't know that we've ever gone in depth with this particular psalm before. Guide and direct me in my understanding this morning.
I read David's words as he appeals to You while 'feeling crushed and deserted under Your divine discipline' (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Father, so many of his words and phrases strike chords with me.
Side-note: speaking of chords, enlisting the help of the beloved husband has yet to yield me the words to the song still humming in my head.
Struck soundly by David's extreme words of despair, there are still verses of profound hope. Verse 15, “What I do, God, is wait for You, wait for my Lord, my God – You will answer!” Wow! What a promise. Thank You Father.
As I continue reading, identifying and hoping in David's words to You I am also asking that You would have Your way in me today. Work in and with and through me to Your ultimate good and glory. I love You so very much Dearest Dad and I ask that You would make that evident in my choices and obedience to Your will. Thank You for Your love, do not let me continue to take it lightly. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(230 words ~ 10:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment