Thursday, August 29, 2013

♫Give Thanks♫


Thursday, August 29, 2013 (6:29 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! It's a phrase I want to say more readily and often. It's a habit I long to cultivate and have grow into something wonderful on Your behalf.

I woke up singing a different song. It was about smiling. I alternated using our grandsons' three syllable names. Imagine my surprise [except You would have already known!] when instead of coming here singing Smile a Little Smile for Me it changed the minute I sat down.

I was more than pleasantly surprised to find Give Thanks in The Celebration Hymnal. Thank You God. While singing twice of giving thanks with a great heart, as well as giving thanks to the Holy One, we are reminded to Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

Continuing on, it tells us twice more And now let the weak say, “I am strong;” Let the poor say “I am rich,” because of what the Lord has done for us.Ah, yes Father. Strong and rich.

Psalm 126:3 is referenced here. That's why I took the chance of finding it in the hymnal in the first place. To see if there was a Scriptural mention I could turn to. Rather than reading only the one verse, I am delighted to be reminded through the chapter of how You deliver Your people from captivity and fill them with laughter and joy.

The Life Recovery Bible's comment for this psalm affirms the pain of exile and the promise of complete transformation while reminding us that change rarely comes overnight. Father, thank You that You absolutely know what is Your best for each of us.

Thank You that You know exactly how to teach us to truly give thanks. I ask to be a good and faithful student, as well as servant this day. Continue Your perfect and transforming work in and through me I pray. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(322 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment