Wednesday, August 21, 2013

time away


Saturday, August 17, 2013 (4:50 p.m.)
Las Vegas, CA
Loving Father God,
Sunday, August 18, 2013 (7:29 a.m.)
Las Vegas, CA
Gracious, Good and Glorious God,

Thank You! I didn't realize how desperately I needed time away from routine and responsibility.

I recognized a stiff necked tendency on the drive over yesterday when our path was altered due to severe traffic conditions. Rather than pray and thank You for our safety, I began harrumphing and grumbling to myself.

(9:49 a.m.)

(10:22 a.m.)

Start. Stop. Start again. Father, thank You! Thank You that no matter the things we allow to get in the way of You, YOU do not ANYthing get in Your way!

Father, thank You that in all these past weeks/months that I have not been 'okay' You never once lost sight of me or my needs. Thank You Father that I get to come to You with better clarity. A renewed sense of awe and respect for who and ALL You are!

Thank You that You do NOT leave us (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5) alone in our pain. Disappointed. Disillusioned. Never do we have to be afraid. Too often I choose fear. Forgive me Father. You have gifted us with Your presence. You gave us Your Son in the flesh and still too often I turn away. Stamping my foot. Wanting things MY way. Foolish child that I am.

Thank You Blessed Father, for coming into this world in the form of Your Son, to give us Your Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13). Let me use that hope well. It truly has taken me this time away to see more clearly just how dank and dark my spirit had become. “Going through the motions” is NOT what Your Son sacrificed Himself for on our behalf. That You for the fresh eyes with which to see.

Everywhere I turn in Your Word this morning is bringing me hope. Reading again in Daniel I am reminded, “You are a great and awesome God; You always fulfill Your promises of mercy to those who love You and keep Your laws” (9:4). “But in God's time and plan, His judgment will be poured out upon this evil one” (v. 27).

And then these words in the next chapter (Daniel 10:19) “God loves you very much... don't be afraid! Calm yourself; be strong – yes, strong!”

Yes! Strong! In the Lord and in His mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Father I keep making mistakes and limping my way back to You. Thank You for accepting me exactly as I am.

Continue fining and refining me. Keep up Your good works of cleansing me and making me whole. Thank You for this time away to fully experience once again what it is to truly be AGOG with God!

I love You so incredibly much and I am eternally grateful for Your willingness to care for one such as me.

Thank You Father. Let me use this day to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(515 words ~ 11:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment