Wednesday, August 28, 2013

choose wisely


Wednesday, August 28, 2013 (8:29 a.m.)
Awesome God,

You helped me change my thinking. Before even getting out of bed my mind was going in one direction and You brought it completely back around to You. Thank You Father.

This morning I am here asking that You would help me learn to choose wisely. I am so grateful to You for the change that took place in me earlier just by remembering that “perfect love casts out fear” (1John 4:18). With the thought having barely come into mind, the music started immediately. Strong enough that I could honestly almost physically hear it.

♫Even though I walk through the valley Of the shadow of death Your perfect love is casting out fear... And I will fear no evil For my God is with me And if my God is with me Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear? Oh no, You never let Through the calm and through the storm Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low Oh no, You never let go Lord, You never let go of me

Blessed Father, there is a peace that washes over me when I allow my mind to relax and truly take this in. And I can see a light that is coming For the heart that holds on A glorious light beyond all compare And there will be an end to these troubles But until that day comes We'll live to know You here on this earth

Strengthen my heart to hold on Dearest Father. You are Truth. You are wise. And I am here asking to live Your Word. In response to the disorder and evil that comes from jealousy and selfish ambition, mentioned in James 3:16, verse 17 says, “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. It is wholehearted and straightforward and sincere.”

Oh, to be able to live each day as one who truly embraces Your Truth! To choose wisely all Your Word says to us. “And as we live with Christ, our love grows more perfect and complete; so we will not be ashamed and embarrassed at the day of judgment, but can face Him with confidence and joy because He loves us and we love Him too” (1John 4:17).

Let me live in and with and through and for Your perfect love that I would truly fear no evil. I love You Father. Thank You for loving me into being. Keep me close to You this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(460 words ~ 9:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment