Friday, August 16, 2013

pray without ceasing


Thursday, August 15, 2013 (6:47 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Will today be the day that I actually stick to it and finish a prayer with You? With us being charged to “pray without ceasing” (1Thessalonians 5:17), are we ever really done?
Father God, I love You. Far too often my emotions get the best of me. How much better when YOU get my best! I start out with the finest laid plans only to allow them to be sidetracked. Waylaid.
How I LOVE being in Your Word! I turn to a section (1Thessalonians 5:14-28) and my heart, soul, mind and body feel stronger. Hope pervades. And truly, I just want to stay right here. Learning. Filling up on You.
I read Paul's words of commendation and encouragement to the believers in Thessalonica and I wholeheartedly ask You to include me in the blessing with which he greeted them. “To you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: May blessing and peace of heart be your rich gifts from God our Father and from Jesus Christ our Lord” (1:1).
As he continued urging them to “live blameless lives while looking expectantly for the Lord to come again” (Illustrated Bible Handbook) he drew his letter to a close with even more words of confidence in Your willing ability. “We pray that God Himself, the God of peace, will make you pure – belonging only to Him. We pray that your whole self – spirit, soul and body – will be kept safe and be blameless when our Lord Jesus Christ comes. The One who chose you will do that for you. You can trust Him” (5:23, 24).
Father God, as a Believer and Follower of Your Son, I humbly ask You to 'bless me and keep me this day. Smile down and show me Your kindness. Answer my prayers and give me Your peace' (Numbers 6:24-26) that I would readily share You, Your will and Your way with others. I love You so very much. I no longer wish to feel apathetic or afraid. Teach me to live abundantly (John 10:10) in and with, through and for only You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(367 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment