Friday, August 30, 2013

Everyday


Friday, August 30, 2013 (7:21 a.m.)
Most Blessed God,

THANK YOU! Thank You. Thank You. It's exactly the same thing I said when I first started waking up. Thank You.

“Thank You, thank You, thank You” quickly became Praise Him, praise Him, all ye little children, God is love, God is love

As I look all over Your Word this morning, I am reminded of Your enormous love and provision for us. Thank You Father. Thank You for the privilege of being loved by You.

In the midst of singing praise to You another song inched its way into my being. A 50's rock and roll song. It speaks of love, most probably not sung in regards to Your love for us. Or even ours toward You. Yet here it is at the base of my soul.

A song, with a very 'catchy' tune telling that Everyday it's a getting' closer Goin' faster than a roller coaster Love like YOURS will surely come my way As it continues through the verses, “everyday it's a gettin' faster” until Everyday seems a little longer Every way love's a little stronger Come what may do You ever long for True love from me

Your Word teaches that You DO long for true love from us (Mark 12:30). Oh how I long to give You the love You so rightly deserve.

With both songs alternating themselves within me this morning, I bring You all the verses that have come through looking for You in them. “Everyday” led me to Romans 12:1-2, An Appeal for Commitment. While Praise Him ultimately took me to Psalm 8 (v.2) by way of Matthew 21:16.

Father God, there is absolutely no way I can ever give You all the thanks and praise You so rightly deserve. I get to come before You exactly as I am. Offering You what little I have. And You change me right where I am.

Taking these verses to The Life Recovery Bible, I read how skewed our Self-perception is and I am excited to follow the lead over to Psalm 139:17-18. “How precious it is, Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day Your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, You are still thinking of me!”

Thank You that when I awakened this morning my first thought was to just start saying “Thank You”. Look at all the treasures that have already come from that choice.

With that being said, I turn back to where I started. Romans 12:1, The Message. “So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life – your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life – and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him.”

Today I ask You Father to keep working in me that I would truly embrace all You do for me. Wholeheartedly saying, “Thank You!” Everyday.

Thank You Father. I love You! Amen.
(509 words ~ 8:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment