Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"LORD!"

Ash Wednesday, February 22, 2012 (6:58 a.m.)

Incredibly Amazing God of Glory,

THANK YOU! What a beautiful sky to wake up to this morning. Such beauty, that it truly set the tone for my attitude.

Just as I was beginning to remember my Lenten commitment to “Be glad” each day, I glanced out the tiny crack in our bedroom curtain. First word out of my mouth? “LORD!”

Now that’s the way to start a day! Thank You God for the blessings that abound around us. I confess that my attitude too often gets in the way of my being able to see them.

Thank You for the opportunity to share the Truth of Your Word with a struggling young mom late last night. Thank You Blessed Father for Your Truth. Thank You that Your Word IS Truth! And thank You especially that I wasn’t afraid to speak it in Your love.

Blessed Jesus, as I prepare to dash away [no, not like a reindeer! J] from here, thank You for reminding me of the glory of turning our eyes upon You. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace

Oh yes Blessed First Word of my day, thank You for the opportunity of choosing to look upon You. Remind me as often as necessary this day that You and Your Word are where we will find Truth and “faith, hope and love - and the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Thank You Jesus for all You came to accomplish on our behalf. Let me use Your sacrifice well this day. I love You so incredibly much! It's in Your glorious, powerful name I pray. Amen.

(294 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment