Sunday, February 19, 2012

waiting

Thursday, February 16, 2012 (12:15 p.m.)

Anaheim, CA

Blessed Father God,

Here I am. Waiting. Waiting to get started. Waiting for the baby to wake up. Waiting to see what we do next. Teach me Blessed Father what You have for me to learn today in waiting.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 (6:46 a.m.)

And wait I did. And played and danced and thought and wondered and wished and contemplated and finally here I am back with You. Praying.

Thank You Father that You’re ability to wait far supercedes every effort we could ever hope to conjure. You wait for us to come to You. “Behold!” (Revelation 3:20) You stand at the door and knock. You don’t just barge right in. You wait. “If anyone hears me calling him and opens up the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me.”

Would You just look at the smile on my face? Full-blown! Wide. Ear to ear… The other day when I started this I was reading in Psalms (27:11,14). As I read Your Word and thought about it, I considered the truth of the comment below it.

“We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God, patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.” So true.

Just now I wondered how I could take the giant leap from us waiting for You to You waiting for us. What was I doing here in Revelations 3 when I thought for sure I was supposed to be over in Psalms?

Here again I read Your letter to the lukewarm church of Laodicea and am reminded that You are ‘the One who stands firm’ (v. 14).

Under the title of Love, I read another devotional about this section of Scripture, as well as John 13:34 and 1 John 4:7-8. Still I wonder what all this has to do with waiting. Until…

The last paragraph sums it up again. “Jesus is waiting for us to open up and receive His love… Love is waiting. We receive it when we open up to the love God offers us.”

Wow! Father God, this was indeed a lesson worth waiting for. Let me use it well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(375 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment