Sunday, February 19, 2012

"life of love"

Sunday, February 19, 2012 (7:31 a.m.)

Most Blessed God and Father,

Thank You. Thank You for the friend that would call to make sure I am doing okay. Thank You for the love that You develop between Your children that would instill that kind of concern for one another.

Hmm. Love between Your children. There’s a thought that needs some considering. What does love between Your children look like? Will You show me please?

I really can’t say if I know anyone that would truly lay their life down for their friend (John 15:13). I’d like to say that I would. But I have to be perfectly honest with You Father, [since You know my heart anyway J] that’s a pretty tall order. Knowing myself as well as I do, I fall real far short of such sacrifice.

Continuing reading and attempting to digest Your Word here, a phrase jumps off the page and I find it five different times in The Message. Psalm 119:153-160, 1 Corinthians 14:1-3, Ephesians 5:1-2, Colossians 3:12-14 and 1 John 4:17-18 each mention “life of love”.

While You prepare and grow in me the ability to someday willingly lay down my life for a friend, I ask You Dearest Father to steep me in this “life of love” that truly is most appealing. ‘Dressed in the wardrobe that You’ve picked out for me (listed here in Colossians): compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline, even temper, content with second place, quick to forgive…’(3:12-13) “And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.”(14) Yes Lord Jesus. So be it!

I love You so much. Let others see You in me I pray. Thank You. Amen.

(289 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment