Thursday, February 23, 2012

glad

Thursday, February 23, 2012 (6:03 a.m.)

Gracious, Loving and Devoted Father God,

Thank You for the opportunities to wake up “glad” this morning. There were a couple of times that it wasn’t my first thought. Oh, but there were also those times that it was. Thank You Father!

As I set out this morning intending to “be glad”, I ask Dearest Father that You would make me so. I can make all the promises and determinations in the world, but it IS when I wait on and trust in Your providings that things seem to unfold far more effortlessly.

Thank You for this lesson on purposing to “be glad”. Starting in Psalm 21, I read a Psalm of David. In it he rejoices in You and Your strength. This is the type of person I long to become. One who readily recognizes and praises the works You do.

Through the director of music David tells of the many ways You provide for him. Thank You for his example, Blessed God.

A commentary for the first six verses of this particular Psalm says, “He [You! J] wants to give each of us a life that has eternal value and meaning. As we experience such blessings, we will begin to understand that true joy is an outgrowth of being in God’s presence.” As I prepare to leave here this morning I ask You to come with me into this day that You have made. Guide and direct my thoughts, words and actions.

Keep me mindful of verses six and seven of David's writings concerning You and himself. “You have given him blessings that will last forever. You have made him glad and joyful because You are with him. The king trusts in the Lord. The faithful love of the Most High God will keep the king secure.”

Dearest Father God, I confess that this is the time that I am finally coming to more fully understand the importance of living one day at a time, taking each experience as it comes. “THIS is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).

Thank You for all Your gracious love and devotion. Thank You for the work You are doing in me to truly make me glad! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(384 words ~ 6:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment