Friday, February 3, 2012

Your presence

Thursday, February 2, 2012 (6:01 a.m.)

Anaheim, CA

Blessed Father,

One day up. One day down. Funny [odd, strange, unexpected] how pain changes everything.

Let me go back to thankful mode. You gave me a delightful day yesterday. I had fun. Was encouraged. Things went “right” for what seemed like the first time in a really long time. Thank You Father.

Thank You for ideas that turned into actions with much more than satisfying results. Thank You for several instances of truly being IN the moment. I don’t do that a lot.

Very often I think ahead. Or remember back. Kind of like now, thinking of yesterday. That’s because it was so unusual for me. Plans were made. Decisions executed. And all with such pleasing outcomes. Thank You that I was so aware of Your presence in it all.

Mm. Your presence.

Friday, February 3, 2012 (5:35 a.m.)

Mm. Yes Father. Your presence! It’s Your presence I sense in all of this new, uncharted territory of persistent pain. It’s Your presence I turn to. Your presence I rely on.

Awake now for over three hours, we’ve had time to sing. Thank You for the Truth I find in the songs of this morning. This is the day… that the Lord hath made… I will rejoice and be glad in it

Thank You Father. I like when You remind me that the choice is mine. I can grumble, moan and complain OR I can rejoice and be glad.

Thank You that You followed this Truth up with a far more playful song. One that I didn’t realize speaks Your Truth as well. It even starts out with the call to Gather ‘round me Every body, Gather ‘round me While I preach some, Feel a sermon comin’ on me. The topic will be sin And that’s what I’m agin

I don’t think I’ve ever looked past the chorus before. If you wanna Hear my story, Then settle back And just sit tight While I start reviewin’ The attitude of doin’ right Yes Father, there is definitely attitude involved.

You’ve to ac-cen-tu-ate the positive, E-lim-mi-nate the negative, Latch on to the affirmative And don’t mess with Mister In-between

That’s the part I’ve always known. And with the risk of sounding like many of the commercials of today, “But wait! There’s more!”

You’ve got to spread joy, Up to the maximum, Bring gloom down to the minimum, Have faith, Or pandemonium’s Li’ble to walk upon the scene

How have I missed all this through the years? And then it continues with Biblical references I never knew were there.

To illustrate my last remark, Jonah in the whale, Noah in the Ark, What did they do Just when everything looked dark? “Man” they said, “We better Ac-cen-tu-ate the positive…

Father thank You that Your presence surrounds us. Keeping us safe and protected. Which even brings me to our final song of the pre-dawn morning. You are my Hiding Place! You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance, whenever I am afraid I will trust in You… I will trust in You, let the weak say, "I am strong in the strength of the Lord"… I will trust in You

Along with the Truth of this song, comes the Truth of Your Word (Psalm 32:7) as well.

And as if all of this weren’t enough to bring a tear of joy to my eyes [wait - that’s a whole ‘nother song! J] Psalm 31:19-20 brings it completely back to Your presence!

“Oh, how great is Your goodness to those who publicly declare that You will rescue them. For You have stored up great blessings for those who trust and reverence You. Hide Your loved ones in the shelter of Your presence, safe beneath Your hand, safe from all conspiring men.”

Your presence Father! The Life Recovery comment to these verses tells of the importance of “actively sharing the joy of our deliverance”. It also says, “Our blessings from God increase when we share with others the good news about His help.” And it ends with, “God can protect us from harm if we allow Him to take control of our life. In our distress we may wrongly assume that we are alone, yet God is always there, answering our cry for help.”

Thank You for Your presence, Blessed Father. Let me use it wisely. I love You. Amen.

(732 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment