Friday, February 24, 2012

unadulterated

Friday, February 24, 2012 (7:31 a.m.)

Awesome, Incredible God,

Thank You for another reminder of my commitment that “I will be glad”. Thank You that while it wasn’t my first thought, it came along very shortly while awakening.

Thank You that I truly want to be grateful, loving and devoted. And that along with this desire came the tune of another song.

While immediately realizing that I would want to change the word ‘hopelessly’ to ‘hopefully’ I became gratefully aware that while we can change words and meanings to songs, YOUR Word stands true! Thank You Father God for every single thing that You have done throughout eternity to make Your Word unchangeable.

I’ve found four different verses (1Peter 1:25, Isaiah 40:8, Matthew 24:35, Psalm 33:4) that show the essence of my thoughts right now, but not necessarily the one I think I’m looking for. Is it Proverbs 30:5,6? “Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to Him for protection. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.” I’m not sure that’s it.

What I do know this morning is that I am free to change the words to any tune I want. I can mix them up to match my mood and circumstances. Not so with Your Word! There is no changing allowed there. No adapting, altering or amending. It is unadulterated. Pure.

As I go about considering changing the entire essence of the song I woke up humming, Lord I thank You that Your love for each and every one of us is the exact antithesis of the word hopeless.

Lord God, I so very humbly ask You to work Your will in me this day that I would truly be grateful, loving and (hopefully!) devoted to You! I love You. This IS the day that You have made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it! Thank You. Amen.

(323 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment