Saturday, February 25, 2012

new ways

Saturday, February 25, 2012 (6:08 a.m.)

Awesome, Blessed Comforting Father God,

Thank You. Yesterday You helped me remember to be glad. I was ready to be mad. I thought about it. I considered it very carefully. And then I just let it go. Thank You Father. I CAN learn new ways. Better ways.

Take right now for instance. Looking up the two-word phrase “new ways” in various versions of the Bible, the only one I found that did not tell about new ways of getting into mischief and doing evil is the Easy-to-Read Version. The verse I best know as “Great is His faithfulness, His mercies begin afresh each morning” here is told just a bit differently.

Lamentations 3:23a, “Every morning He shows it [Your faithful love! J] in new ways!” I read just this little bit and am hungry for more. Going up to verse 20 “I remember well all my troubles, and I am very sad. (21) But then I think about this, and I have hope: (22) We are still alive because the Lord’s faithful love never ends.”

Blessed Father God, You are so amazing. My head and my heart both keep singing snippets of songs. First, this verse took me to Great is Thy Faithfulness In just now stating the obvious of You being so amazing, up started Love so amazing With only two searches I found myself smiling from ear to ear because it’s what we sang to You this past Sunday and I’ve had bookmarked on the bar ever since.

Jesus Messiah Name above all names Blessed Redeemer Emmanuel You became sin so we could learn new ways. Your ways!

I am humbled and amazed by Your love. Your faithfulness. And I am grateful to be included as one of the sheep of Your pasture (Ezekiel 34:31). Thank You for working in me.

Continue Your work in me this day. This day that You have made. This day that I will be glad and rejoice in. Thank You for Your love, Your mercies, Your plan, Your sacrifice. What blessings they all are. Let me use them well this day. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(362 words ~ 7:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment