Saturday, February 4, 2012

YOUR Way!

Saturday, February 4, 2012 (6:44 a.m.)

Beautiful…

I didn’t start singing until I began tapping the keys and this was the word that came out. Prior to that I thought You were going to be teaching me about ‘worth’. As in, “This [the beauty of the morning sky J] was definitely worth getting up for.”

YOUR Way Father God. Borrowing a jingle from a popular burger place, I am asking that today we have things YOUR Way!

So, here I am. Willing to follow Your Way Blessed Father and God. Where do we begin?

(7:45 a.m.)

I started at Mark 8:22-26, where I was directed because of the song Beautiful From there I went seeking the ‘pearl of great worth’ and found Matthew 13:45-46. Here I read about “the kingdom of heaven” being “like a merchant looking for fine pearls.”

From a teaching almost three years ago, I have penciled in above “the kingdom of heaven” the words “rule of God in man’s heart”. Blessed Father, I absolutely want You ruling my heart!

Finally I came to John 14. On my way to verse six where Jesus told Thomas, “I am the Way, yes, and the Truth and the Life.” I stopped at verse one. “Let not your hearts be troubled. You are trusting God, now trust in me.”

Over fifteen years ago I marked the comment at the bottom of the page pertaining to verses 1-4. “We receive lasting comfort by putting our trust in God. Sometimes God gives us immediate deliverance from a painful situation. More often than not, however, He walks with us as we struggle with problems that just won’t seem to let go. Our pain may be a direct consequence of the mistakes we have made in the past; it may be the result of someone else’s failure. God allows us to experience such trying circumstances to build our character and strengthen our faith. When we place our trust in Jesus, we receive His peace in this life and the promise of an eternal home with Him in the next.”

Yep. YOUR Way! And that advertising jingle? May I actually convert it in my approach to living each day for You, THE King. Special orders don’t upset us, All we ask is that You let us serve You YOUR Way

I love You Jesus. Thank You for a pretty playful time together that was DEFINITELY worth getting up for! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(410 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment