Sunday, February 5, 2012

changed tune

Sunday, February 5, 2012 (6:16 a.m.)

“Oh no.

“Not yet. Too early.” This is NOT the way to greet the Creator of the universe! Work in me here Dearest Lord. Change my tune I pray.

(7:07 a.m.)

And change it You did! Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.

One minute I’m grumbling. The next, I was unable to find a certain book I sought. Instead You blessed me with gentle stretches of my back. A walk outside to retrieve the newspaper yielded a beautiful orange and a reminder of all the rose pruning that took place here yesterday.

Thank You Perfect Three-In-One for changing my tune of grumbles and growls to those of thanksgiving and praise.

Holy Trio, how I thank You for the way You keep teaching the husband and I how to work together. After more than 38 years together, there is still so very much for us to learn about ourselves and each other. Thank You that through our love for You, we continue deepening our resolve and commitment to one another.

It’s You Lord. It’s all You that has enabled us to work through all the rough patches along the way. It’s You who reminds us that “Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim” (Proverbs 15:4).

You changed my tune this morning Blessed Father, Lord and Spirit of All. Now I ask for the courage and the strength to live this day as You would have me.

I love You. I thank You. And I long to serve You well. Thank You. Amen.

(262 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment