Monday, February 27, 2012

singing a new song

Monday, February 27, 2012 (7:34 a.m.)

Awesome Father God,

Here it is hours after it first started. Somewhere before four, I remembered that again today “I will be glad”. With that thought I started humming Oh My Darling Clementine

Blessed Father, it amazes me how easily one thought leads to another in the middle of the early morning hours. And as I set out now to either confirm or deny those thoughts, I find myself even more blessed than I had first anticipated.

So far I have found two verses that speak about singing You a new song. Psalm 96:1 and 144:9. In reading more about each, I am again reminded of Your mighty power to save. Thank You Father.

Thank You that as my mind wanders and goes off in its own directions, You corral it and bring it back to You. Even to the tune mentioned above.

Oh my Father, Oh my Father, Oh my Father Loving God, I was lost and then You found me Oh my Father, Loving God

But the fun part is that it didn’t stop there. No. Each time I woke up, there was more to it. Oh my Savior, Oh my Savior, Oh my Savior Jesus Christ And then finally, Oh dear Spirit, Oh dear Spirit, Oh dear Spirit Holy Ghost

Thank You for this pre-dawn songfest. This opportunity to truly sing You a new song. This desire to once again be glad. In You!

Be with me this day I pray. With, in, by, around all aspects of this day. I love You so very much. And I long to bring glory to Your most holy name by wholeheartedly singing You a new song.

Thank You for the work You continue doing in me. Let me use it well. I love You. Amen.

(296 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment