Tuesday, February 7, 2012

time

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 (6:36 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

Thank You Father. I woke up this morning thinking about time. Time to get up. Time to look outside. Time to become intentional. Time to praise You. And that’s when the singing started.

Don’t you know it’s time to praise the Lord? In the sanctuary of His Holy Spirit. So set your mind on Him, And let your praise, And the glory of the Lord will fill this place. Praise the Lord…

Hmm. Yes. Praise You Lord! Oh but here’s something I’ve sung and not paid attention to before now. He lives within the praises of His people So am I right in thinking that when I feel disconnected from You, if I praise You, You will be here?

He loves to hear us call upon His name. So set your mind on Him, And let your praise begin, And the glory of the Lord will fill this place

Blessed Jesus, I have been singing this particular song for more than a quarter of a century. How incredible to have it come to a brand new understanding for me this morning.

Thank You Jesus that as I read Your Word, chords of hopeful wonder strike deep within me. Reading in The Living Bible, 1 Kings 8, verses 10 and 11, “Look! As the priests are returning from the inner sanctuary, a bright cloud fills the Temple! The priests have to go outside because the glory of the Lord is filling the entire building!” I am awestruck by the picture it paints in my mind.

As I look over to the Contemporary English Version, my imagination adds to the wonder of it all. “Suddenly a cloud filled the temple as the priests were leaving the most holy place. The LORD’s glory was in the cloud, and the light from it was so bright that the priests could not stay inside to do their work.”

As I continue to consider the Truth of 1 Corinthians 6:19 “You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own.” I wonder what it will be like to have the glory of the Lord fill this place I believe it’s time to find out.

Blessed Father, as I call upon Your name repeatedly this day, how I ask that You would make me gratefully aware of Your presence. Thank You for Your love, Your glory and Your time. Empower me to use them wisely and well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(436 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment