Monday, February 28, 2011

"with confidence"

Monday, February 28, 2011 (6:35 a.m.)

It’s been quite a weekend Lord!

Lots of memories. Some surprises. Genuine blessings. And You Lord. Always You! Thank You for the work You have done in each of us over these many years. Thank You for bringing us to You.

As we begin a brand new chapter of our lives together Lord, I am asking that You would guide us with Your loving presence and nature. In the past, I have had the tendency of looking at people and deciding who I most want to model in any given set of circumstances. I don’t want to do that any more Lord. I want to look to and model YOU.

You are so incredibly good. You know which way You would have us turn. Where You want us to go and how You’d have us get there. Let me learn to keep my eyes on You Dearest Lord, rather than the things of this world.

Yesterday I read the words “with confidence” and recognized almost immediately that this is exactly how I want to be able to live Lord. “With confidence”!

I turn in Your Word and become more and more excited. Eager to tell. Agog! Hebrews 13: 5 and 6 both reference Old Testament verses. Verse five refers back to Deuteronomy 31, verses six and eight. These two verses are used as the foundation of being able to say “with confidence” the Truth of Psalm 118:6.

As Moses was preparing the people of Israel to follow Joshua across the Jordan River, into the Promised Land he told them (Deuteronomy 31:6), “Be strong! Be courageous! Do not be afraid of them (the nations living in the land)! For the Lord your God will be with you. He will never fail you nor forsake you.” Then he said to Joshua, “The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (v.8)

Dearest Lord, I want to live with Your strength and courage! I want to say “with confidence” the Truth of Psalm 118:6, “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

You are good Lord. I’ve been witness to Your goodness through the years. Let me live “with confidence”. Believing whole-heartedly that You are with me; and I will not be afraid! Fear flies in opposition to faith. Keep working in me Lord. Build the courage and strength I need to be able to stand firm and “can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my Helper, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’”

I believe it Lord, while I’m right here with You. Let me LIVE it as well! I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(472 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment