Wednesday, February 23, 2011

restless leads to Truth!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 (6:21 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

You did it again! You kept me company through a seemingly very long and restless night. I had many thoughts and ideas and each one I brought to You. Thank You Lord that in doing so I was reminded to come to Your Word for clarification. For Truth!

The very first thing I wanted to do this morning was come to You and Your Word. Seeking to verify my thoughts throughout the night. YOU are the ultimate Truth Checker, Lord. Thank You for that.

Thank You that I get to bring ALL of my thoughts to You. In the middle of a somewhat restless night, I know that just because I think something doesn’t make it true. And every time I looked to You. In the darkness my thoughts still turned to You for verification. Thank You Lord.

In getting up and coming before You, I found myself first in Psalms (55:2) again in Job (30) and back to Psalms (42-43). I am reminded to wait and thirst and long for You. To hope in You.

I read. I trust. I believe. I smile. Thank You Lord. In You and You alone is hope. Truth! Love. Goodness. All that You are. All that You do. Enveloped in Truth. Thank You Lord. Provide for me the discipline I need to live this life in Your Truth. Thinking. Feeling. Sharing. And standing firmly on and in Your Truth.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(250 words ~ 7:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment