Thursday, February 17, 2011

relief

Thursday, February 17, 2011 (7:35 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

Thank You! Thank You, thank You, thank You. Yesterday You allowed me to experience huge relief in the pain of my lower back. Physical relief that led to a great deal of emotional relief. Or was that vice versa? Yes. I do believe it was the other way around. Regardless of which came first Dearest Lord, I thank You. SO much!

Thank You that just now as I was turning to Ezra 9:8 to read a little bit about the relief from slavery Your people experienced I am completely dumbfounded. And at the very same time, truly agog!

Lord, there is so much hope for recovery written in Your Word. I’ve been allowing physical and emotional pain to get in the way of the joy You offer to all Your people. Just that little bit of relief yesterday opened a portal of blessings that I have been unable to see. I have once again been focusing on the negatives. It wasn’t my intent, but pain kept me blinded to Your blessings.

In church on Sunday I had made a mental note to come home and read more about ‘the joy of the Lord being my strength’ (Nehemiah 8:10). I’ve confessed to You in the past that I don’t have a lot of insight to this particular verse. It was on my way to Ezra just now that I was reminded to take a look around here. And I see hope. Hope for rebuilding. Hope to face the sadness. Hope to realize that “the joy of the Lord [which] gives us strength comes from recognizing, even celebrating, God’s ability to bring us out of bondage and to care for us as we pass through the sadness toward a new way of life” (Life Recovery 12-Step Devotional).

I confess Lord. I have been focusing on the sadness. On the pain. Thank You for allowing me just this little bit of relief that has opened the door for hope to come flooding in once again.

Thank You Lord that Ezra (9:8) presented these words to remind me “But we have been given a brief moment of grace, for the Lord our God has allowed a few of us to survive as a remnant. He has given us security in this holy place. Our God has brightened our eyes and granted us some relief from our slavery.”

Thank You Lord. Teach me to live every single aspect of my life through Your joy that is my strength. I confess I still struggle with that. Thank You for each and every time You allow me the relief to truly trust and believe, to honestly ‘be still and know that You [alone!] are God’ (Psalm 46:10).

And even here in another commentary Dearest Lord more hope is found. “God, the Commander of the heavenly armies, is here among us. If we put our life in His hands, we can rest, confident that He will protect us. He knows our weaknesses and can strengthen us in needed areas, helping us to overcome the attacks we face each day. It is true that our enemies are strong, but God is far more powerful than anything that might assail us.”

Ah! Thank You Lord. Thank You for YOUR relief that allows fear to give way to hope. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(565 words ~ 8:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment