Monday, February 14, 2011

words

Saturday, February 12, 2011 (7:59 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I come before You this morning Lord asking for words. Words to articulate my thoughts, feelings and gratitude to others.

(10:04 a.m.)

Mm. Lord. You are so good. For over two hours I have looked around in Your Word trying to find the verse You’d have for me today. When my search grew to over 400 possibilities I thought I’d never find it. Then I added the word ‘gratitude’ to the search and here I am in Colossians 3, traveling up from verse 16.

The title of this section (1-17) is “Principles to Live By”. Oh my Dearest Lord. What perfection. You know exactly what I need and just where it is I am to look for it. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that already this morning I’ve been able to use verse 13 to offer hope and insight into two different relationships. “Be gentle and ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Mm. Yes Lord. Forgive others. Yes.

Taking a look at The Cotton Patch Gospel, I read that we are to go after the things that are of You (v. 1) and kill off the things of this world (v.5). Then starting with verse twelve, we are to “Wear the clothes, then, that will identify you as people whom God has selected and dedicated and loved. Your outfit should include a tender heart, kindness, genuine humility, loyalty, persistence.”

Again reading through verse thirteen and then taking up at 14, “Over all these things wear love, which is the robe of maturity. And (15) let Christ’s peace, into which you were called as one fellowship, order your lives. And be thankful for it.” Yes Lord. Thankful.

Now changing over to The Living Bible (v. 16), I read “Remember what Christ taught, and let His words enrich your lives and make you wise; teach them to each other and sing them out in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing to the Lord with thankful hearts.” Mm, yes Lord. YOUR words!

Concluding with verse seventeen I pray the ability to adhere to these principles. “And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, and come with Him into the presence of God the Father to give Him your thanks.” Yes Lord. This I pray. Give me Your words. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(408 words ~ 11:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment