Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Holy Spirit

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 (6:27 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed God,

Teach me more about Your Holy Spirit. About trusting and living life in and through His strength and power.

Lord, You are so good! Where I had gotten up thinking You wanted to speak to me about things that are fragile, one chapter into Job (8), You turned that right around for me.

Instead of focusing on the fragility of the things of this world, I am to look at the strength and power given to us by Your incredible Holy Spirit. Lord, having experienced this power on a number of occasions, I confess to not accessing it on a regular basis. The truth is, I don’t know how.

Now, I know You well enough to realize that the power of Your Holy Spirit is not locked away somewhere. Released only by some secret handshake or such. And I also know that the harder I look for it, the more illusive it seems to become for me. How then Lord are we to come to know, to trust, to live in this magnificent power of Yours? This I truly do not know or understand.

Lord, I find myself in tears now. A genuine emotional mix of wanting desperately to learn more about life in the power of Your Holy Spirit and further information about the death of a mom of a loved one.

Lord, You are good. You are Holy. You are Mighty and powerful. Wonderful. Marvelous. Jesus is Your name. And the very next thing I know I am singing Hallelujah, Jesus…

Thank You Lord. Thank You that You give us the choice of focusing on the fragile things of this world OR on the power of Your Holy Spirit. You set before us the choice between life and death (Deuteronomy 30:19) and You let us decide with the encouraging prompt, “Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!”

Lord, I am asking that I would not only choose life and live, but that I would live this life in and through the mighty power of Your Holy Spirit. That same power that Jesus promised in John 14:15-16 and described in verse 17. That very same power that indwelled Peter and John and was witnessed by others in Acts 4:31.

Lord, I love You. I want desperately to live my life for You by way of Your Holy Spirit living in and through me. Come Holy Spirit we need You Thank You Lord. How I love You! Amen.

(426 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment