Friday, February 11, 2011

frustration

Friday, February 11, 2011 (6:54 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

You are good and I am fighting myself this morning. Growling. Grumbling. Not in the least bit grateful. Just brat-like. Again.

So what will You do with me Lord? Speak to me about frustration? That’s all it is, isn’t it? I’m feeling frustrated. And I’m bringing it all right straight to You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that even when I have set myself with seeming insurmountable tasks, You are right here to either help me succeed or recognize the flaws in my thinking. Thank You Lord that You are helping me learn that even though my thinking may at times be skewed, that doesn’t mean that I am inherently wrong. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

Thank You that You would use King Nebuchadnezzar and Your three faithful followers to again speak to me about devotion to You. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego faced a fiery furnace (Daniel 3) in faithfulness to You. I didn’t complete a few self-proclaimed projects yesterday and I’m stomping around here, wanting to kick something.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that even in the midst of my own unruliness, I get to come before You in all gruffness and You are still willing to work with me. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that because Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were so willing and able to stand firm in their faith in You the king ultimately praised You. What faithfulness. What commitment. What love. Forgive me my frustrations Lord. Work in and through me today. As YOU wish!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(264 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment