Monday, February 21, 2011

"Christ crucified"

Monday, February 21, 2011 (8:50 a.m.)

Dearest Lord,

Where do we even begin this morning?

(12:58 p.m.)

Of course! With the two words I wrote down in church yesterday. “Christ crucified”.

Lord, talk to me about these words. This brief description appears in Paul’s letter to the believers living in Corinth (1Corinthians 1:23).

(4:03 p.m.)

Blessed Lord, I come to You. I read. I think. I wonder. I study. I try to understand. I get excited. Agog. But the words to describe do not come.

I read the first and second chapters. I read about them in The Bible Handbook. I followed footnotes back to Isaiah 29:14 and Jeremiah 9:24. I read of Your wisdom. And that of the Holy Spirit. I absolutely want to share what is in my heart. “Christ the Wisdom and Power of God”. Or as it reads in The Life Recovery Bible, “Christ Gives New Life from God”.

Oh and then it intensifies as I read the heading for chapter two. “The Holy Spirit Gives Wisdom”.

It all just amazes me Lord! We are called to believe, to trust, to LIVE in Your “righteousness, holiness and redemption” (v. 30).

I can’t even pretend to understand the power and strength of life in Your Holy Spirit. But I can tell you, I am excited [agog J] to experience it!

I love You Lord. I thank You for the work You continue doing in our lives. Thank You for Christ. Crucified. Resurrected. And coming again. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(252 words ~ 5:45 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment