Wednesday, February 2, 2011

changes

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 (7:42 a.m.)

Awesome God,

Thank You for relief from pain. Thank You for tools with which to relax and adjust my body. Thank You Lord that You created us so perfectly.

Thank You Lord for change. Mm. Lord. Talk to me today about changes. Turning to the index at the back of my Bible where ‘change’ might be, I find ‘character defects’ and ‘choices’. No ‘change’ there. Adding the s to the end of the word narrows my Internet search from 77-100 possibilities to a much more manageable 4-5 entries. It’s in Daniel that I stop.

Chapter two tells of the forgotten dream of a powerful king. Your faithful follower Daniel was able to interpret for him what no one else was able. Giving credit to You, where it so rightfully belonged, Daniel praised You (verse 20) by saying, “Blessed be the name of God, forever and ever. He knows all, does all: He changes the seasons and guides history…”

Dearest Lord, You take such great and tender care of Your children. You are in control. You make changes in and through us that we could never possibly make for ourselves. How I thank You Lord.

Thank You for creating us, loving us and ultimately changing us to fit the mold You have for us.

How I ask You to continue working in us here as we make the changes You know are necessary for us in becoming the people You so want us to be.

We love You Lord. We thank You. And we look to You for the courage and the strength to keep making changes. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(279 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment