Monday, February 7, 2011

most connected

Monday, February 7, 2011 (7:13 a.m.)

Blessed God,

Loving Lord. Holy Spirit. I’m planning on working in the yard today. There is MUCH to cut off and prune back. Lord. I love working in the yard. It is often where I feel most connected to You. Many times I practically sense Your presence. My head clears. Revelations seem to manifest out of nowhere. I am truly asking Your presence to be with me today.

There is MUCH to do! Plants (and weeds!) are overgrown. Frostbitten. Misshaped. Left to myself, I wouldn’t even know where to start. But Lord. YOU are the true vine (John 15:1) and Your Father is the Gardener. The two of You working together have been cutting and pruning me and I am so grateful.

Lord God, there is a peacefulness in me this morning that continues to be disrupted by surges of wild and fear ridden thoughts. There’s a negativity that continues trying to take root in my thinking. Thank You that You are here to tend to the garden of my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength. I look to You Dearest Lord. You, the One that produces fruit in those who stay connected to You.

As I go out today, deciding which branches to clip and which ones to keep, I am asking that You would keep me most connected to You. Open Your full lines of communication to me that I will understand completely what it is You have for me this day.

I love You Lord. I love You and I long to do Your will. Thank You for this opportunity to be most connected to You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(283 words ~ 8:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment