Sunday, February 6, 2011

"so loved"

Sunday, February 6, 2011 (7:39 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

You are so good. In fact Lord, I think of how good You are and the words “so loved” come to mind. ‘For You so loved the world that You gave Your one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life’ (John 3:16).

It’s one of those things that we’ve always been taught. We can so easily fall into the trap of just giving the whole concept simple lip service. Ah, but no. We can’t afford to take this truth for granted. This is big, HUGE stuff!

You “so loved” the world! Each and every single one of us in it. But I didn’t want to just stop there. There had to be another verse somewhere. And yes, there is. 1 John 4:11, “Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” Mm, yes Lord. We are to love one another. You say it over and over throughout Your Word.

Dearest, Sweetest Lord how I ask You to continue Your work in me that I would learn to love as You designed us. Freely. Unconditionally. Without reservation.

This is a brand new day. Filled with possibilities. Let me use it wisely Lord. Let it be when we come to the end of it this evening that I will look back on it as a day that I truly “so loved” others.

I love You so very much Dearest Lord. Thank You that this is only possible because You first “so loved” the world. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(269 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment