Sunday, February 20, 2011

Huge!

Sunday, February 20, 2011 (6:35 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You. Thank You that You love us so much. Talk to me today about that love and what it means. Tell me Lord. What does it mean to love the world so much that You would give Your “only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). That’s big Lord. Huge!

Yes Lord. Your love for us is indeed huge! I want to love like that. I read Your Word. I think on some of Your truths. I look at Your promises. I trust and act on the ones I think I understand. But that’s about me. And my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).

I want to live this life YOUR way Lord! With love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).

Oh most dear and thought provoking Lord. How I ask You to live in and through me as described in this chapter of Galatians. You did not send Your Son into this world to condemn it, but to save it (John 3:17).

You amaze me Lord. The deeper I go in Your Word the more huge love becomes. Even thinking about one aspect of Your love sends the rolodex of verses in my memory bank reeling! I turn to one and several more appear. Lord, You are awesome. Comforting (John 14:15-17). Safe. Trustworthy. All the things we need to survive in this world. All wrapped up in One. YOU!

In Isaiah (32:2) I find a description of You. “Each (a king who will reign righteously and princes who will rule justly – v.1) will be like a refuge from the wind And a shelter from the storm, Like streams of water in a dry country, Like the shade of a huge rock in a parched land.”

Thank You Lord that You are huge! Your love is huge. Your forgiveness. Your power. Your strength. All are inconceivably huge. Thank You Lord that You called me in to live my life in Your huge vastness. Teach me how to do it well. In and through YOU and Your mighty power. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(366 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment