Saturday, February 19, 2011

regard

Saturday, February 19, 2011 (1:56 p.m.)

Most Holy Father God,

I love You. I trust You. I want to know You better than I do. I have thoughts and wonders that pertain to You. I have plans and ideas that regard You. Hmm. Yes. Lord. I regard You!

“Regard – verb: consider or think of in a specified way; gaze at steadily; have relation to or connection with; concern; pay attention to; heed.”

Mm. Yes Lord. I like to think that I regard You. Especially as it is expressed in Psalm 28. Verse one refers to You as a mighty Rock. A Rock of safety. The Rock to Whom we turn in times of trouble. Verse two describes a cry for mercy and a call for help with hands lifted high toward Your Most Holy Place.

Oh most dear and precious Lord. I’ve been there. And done that! Thank You that You not only allow such regard, You encourage us to come to You.

Verses three through five describe those who “speak kind words, while planning trouble” and do not regard the deeds Your hands have done. It is in verses six through eight (a) that my heart truly springs to attention. “Praise the Lord! For He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. The Lord gives His people strength.”

Oh Most Dear and Blessed Lord, how I ask that You will give me the courage and the words to speak of You and Your love to others. You are so wonderful. So deserving to be praised. Free me to speak of Your mercies. Your joy. Your faithfulness. Your ‘plans for good and not for evil, to give a future and a hope’ (Jeremiah 29:11).

You alone are good, Dearest Lord. You alone are holy. You alone are worthy to be praised. Empower and enable me to share Your faith, hope and love (1Corinthians 13:13) with others. I love You. I thank You. I regard You. Bless You Dearest Lord. Amen.

(361 words ~ 2:36 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment