Wednesday, February 9, 2011

rule follower


Wednesday, February 9, 2011 (6:04 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed Lord God,
Thank You! Yesterday I came before You feeling lost and disgruntled. I confessed a rotten attitude and throughout the course of the morning You changed it for me.
Thank You Lord. There was even an “Aha!” moment where I realized what I was most upset about. I have not been setting, nor maintaining, healthy emotional boundaries for myself. And just in recognizing that fact I felt the cloud of doom lift from around my shoulders. Thank You Lord.
Thank You too for the time yesterday when I heard myself say repeatedly that I am such a rule follower. It probably wasn’t earlier than the fourth or fifth time until I became fully aware that if I am going to be following anything with such intent, I want it to be YOU! How I ask You Lord to change me into one who follows YOU much better [and more earnestly] than any set of prescribed rules.
Lord, You are so good to hear and answer our prayers. You come into our hearts the instant we invite You in (Revelation 3:20). You give us our hearts’ desire (Matthew 14:28). And when we take our eyes off You, becoming afraid of our surroundings, crying out to You to save us (v. 30) “Immediately” You reach out Your hand to us (v.31).
Thank You Lord that as easy as it is to get caught up in the details of our everyday lives, Your plans for each of us are so much better. Healthier. Freer. And what do You ask of us? That we recognize “The Lord our God is the one and only God” (Mark 12:29) and love Him with ALL our hearts and souls and minds and strength (v. 30).
Thank You Lord. Make THAT the rule I follow! I love You so much. Help me grow in that love. Following You the whole way. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(330 words ~ 7:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment