Friday, February 18, 2011

acceptable

Friday, February 18, 2011 (8:22 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

I realize that I don’t even know how to begin this morning. I don’t want to waste time thinking about it. I just want to jump right in with thanks and praises. But how do I even do that? Doesn’t one need to be aware of what it is they are thinking or feeling? Or is random thanking and praising acceptable? Hmm. I wonder.

Isn’t that what I am continuously trying to be? Or just appear? Acceptable. To others. To You. To myself. Lord, I’m confessing to You that I truly don’t even know what acceptable looks like.

I have a lot of pretenses. Many “act as if…” s. Psalm 19:14 says it wonderfully. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”

Mm. That’s it Lord! This is truly where I want to place my energies. Having the words that come out of my mouth and the thoughts that ramble around inside me be acceptable to You. Let that be for me this day Dearest Lord. Words and thoughts that are acceptable to You, Oh Lord.

Acceptable. Yes. Acceptable. Teach me what that even looks like this day Dear Lord. Make ME acceptable that my words and meditations will be as well! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(233 words ~ 8:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment