Saturday, January 1, 2011

love

Saturday, January 1, 2011 (7:32 a.m.)

New Year’s Day

Lake Arrowhead Chalet #120

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Wow Lord,

Would You look at that? 2011. I thought I’d start the day with You. How awesome that we’re starting a whole new year together as well. Thank You Lord. You are so good.

Lord, I love You. I want desperately to love You so much better than I have in the past. Will You teach me how? Teach me to know You and the things that You love.

How perfect You are. No sooner do I have the thought forming, but You have direction for me. Beginning with Ephesians 3:16-21, Your Word verily comes alive for me! How I thank You Lord. How I love You!

Turning the pages to focus on these particular verses, I am drawn to the titles of other sections. “Living in Christ’s Freedom” (Galatians 5:1-15) “Living by the Spirit’s Power” (16-26). Oh Lord, make it so!

(9:10 a.m.)

How easily I get distracted. I start out strong and little by little am drawn to watching the 122nd Rose Parade and baking and frosting cinnamon rolls. The tradition of this favored event pales in comparison to the richness of Your Word Dear Lord.

Various versions of Ephesians 3 speak deeply to my heart and soul right now. One titles Chapter 3 as “A Loving People”, with a brief theological section explaining “The Family of God”.

Oh Dearest Lord, how I long to live this in my everyday life. I want desperately to live a life of Your love. Your strength. Your presence. “Rooted and grounded…

(11:59 a.m.)

[love – take three!] “… in love for each other” The Illustrated Bible Handbook. Oh yes blessed Lord! “As we live together as family, loving one another as Christ loved us, we will grow together toward all it means to be a Christian.” I want that Lord.

Ephesians 3:14-16 (TLB), “When I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan, I fall down on my knees and pray to the Father of all the great family of God – some of them already in heaven and some down here on earth – that out of His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit.”

Lord, I can’t even begin to fathom the wisdom and scope of Your plan. Oh, but I long to take part in Your unlimited resources that will give me the mighty inner strengthening of Your Holy Spirit. It reads wonderfully Lord. So much to even think of asking for. But I am.

In The Living Bible verse 17 reads, “And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in Your hearts, living within you as you trust in Him. May your roots go down into the soil of God’s marvelous love;”. The Cotton Patch Gospel says the same thing this way, “God grant that Christ, through your faith, might establish residence in your hearts. May love be your taproot and foundation.” Yes Lord. May love be my taproot and foundation!

And now as I quote to the end of the chapter I ask again and again Lord, please may it be so! “and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God’s children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself. Now glory be to God, who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of – infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. May He be given glory forever and ever even through endless ages because of His master plan of salvation for the Church through Jesus Christ.”

Yes. Oh yes. Oh yes, Dear Lord. Fill me up with YOU. Long and wide, deep and high! Fill me to capacity with You and Your love. What a perfect way to begin not only a new year, but a new decade.

Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your patience with me. Thank You for Your blessings. And mostly importantly, thank You for Your love. I love You. SO much! Thank You. Amen.

(738 words ~ 12:40 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment