Monday, January 31, 2011

Jacob

Monday, January 31, 2011 (7:50 a.m.)

Morning God,

Talk to me this morning about “joy coming in …” and its homophonous word ‘mourning’. While waking up just earlier I kept interchanging these two words while softly singing to myself … has broken like the first …

I like the way You work God. Constantly drawing us closer to You. Hmm. I just had the thought of struggling with someone with all my might. When all strength is gone and surrender finally comes, I distinctly remember the tight hold of conflict giving way to the tender embrace of comfort. THAT’S what You do for us. When we let You!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for giving me enough room to thrash around and carry on in the safe and secure confines of Your love. Blessed Lord, how I thank You!

You are growing me Lord. Deeply. Irrevocably. I will never be the same as I was. You are truly changing me from the inside out. Making me more dependent on You for my every choice, thought, word and deed. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

I struggled with sleep last night. I wrestled with my thoughts. Actually I believe them to have been more hurts and fears than just plain thoughts. Thank You Lord that I get to come before You with every single notion that enters my head. My heart. YOU can keep them from taking root in my soul and my strength. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that You are so good to send us Your Word of great comfort and joy. Your Holy Word reminds us that others have struggled and grown throughout the history of mankind. Mistakes have been made. But reconciliations, reunions and recovery have taken place as well.

Through all the twists and turns of my scrambled thoughts this morning, I keep coming back to Jacob. All the way back to his time with his older twin brother in their mother’s womb. YOUR absolute decision to show that we are to rely on Your purposes and not on the traditions or works of men. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that I get to keep turning my attention to You and Your Word, while checking my own attitude at the door. There’s a lot of deceit and dissension in the Genesis chapters concerning Jacob (25:19 – 49:33). Beginning in the womb he shared with his brother and ending with his death.

Lord. You offer us freedom. Too often we choose fear. Your way is best. Honesty. Love. Personal boundaries. Forgiveness. Healing. Joy. It’s all found in You. When we decide what to keep. And of what to let go. Thank You Lord. Keep working in me. Growing me. Changing me. Turning me into the ‘me’ YOU most want me to be. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(471 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment