Sunday, January 2, 2011

walk this way

Sunday, January 2, 2011 (6:48 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead Chalets #120

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Most Loving and Beloved Lord God,

Thank You. Thank You for rest. Thank You for fun. Thank You for family. And thank You Lord for the struggles and challenges that remind us to put our focus on You.

Lord, I love when I wake up thinking of You. I especially love when the most bizarre thoughts and songs tie into what could possibly be another way of considering You.

Take this morning as a perfect example. I was thinking about moving home today. I was also considering a hiccup with a much-loved one last night. At the same time I was remembering so many of the mistakes I have made through the years. Where did all of this take me? Turn your eyes upon Jesus Look full in His wonderful face And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace

Yes Lord. Even before getting to the end of the chorus I was remembering words like ‘forgiveness’ and ‘grace’. Grace – God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.

And then completely unexpectedly, practically out of the blue came another song. Looking up the rest of the words to it, I can’t possibly believe You would take me in this direction. Rather than spend any more time considering the rest of the lyrics, I am still drawn to the chorus that took me there in the first place. Walk this way

The first (and only) verse I found mentioning these words is Isaiah 30:21. And it speaks of You Dearest Lord. You telling Your people, “This is the way; turn around and walk here.” Mm. Yes Lord. I want to follow You. I long to walk where You would have me walk.

And speaking of walking, it’s time to “Walk this way” as we pack up the car and move home again. How I ask Your mercies on us Lord. Mercy for safe travels in inclement weather. Mercy in continuing to build healthy relationships. Mercy to learn to love and know You better. Mercy as we continue to turn our eyes upon You Lord.

Continue speaking to me Lord. In ways that not only get my attention, but my obedience as well. I love You Lord. Thank You for loving me so well. Amen.

(395 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment