Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ask God

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 (8:29 a.m.)

Awesome Savior, Knowing God,

Good morning. Thank You. I love You. Upon awakening I was aware that not only was I not singing anything, I didn’t seem to be thinking of You either. That is, until I asked.

That’s when I remembered that we are to ask and seek and knock (Matthew 7:7; Luke 11:9). I chose to forcibly shift my thinking from nothing to You. Wow! What a reality.

Lord, I have been on this walk with You for most of my life. I don’t know if we count all the trips to Sunday School as a toddler and elementary school child. Or the very rare occasions in high school. Or if we have to wait until that one particular day 29 years ago when I said straight out loud that what was missing from my life was You. All I do know for sure is that my dependence on You has grown. I have to spend time with You every single day in order for me to function properly. And not just any kind of time will do. No. It has to be You centered. Not You on the fringe. Not You as something to check off my list of things to do. No! You - as my Very Best Friend. You, as the Author and Finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).

Mm, Lord. How very much I thank You. Thank You for leading me to this particular passage of scripture just now. Reading again of the “huge crowd of men of faith watching us from the grandstands” (v.1) I am reminded of the love You have for each and everyone of us. I ask You Dearest Lord to make me worthy of such a love as this. This love of which there is none greater that You laid down Your life for us (John 15:13).

Thank You Lord that I am so loved (John 3:16) by You. I ask You Lord to enable me to use this love for Your good. Let me shine Your light to the world letting us realize that You are indeed all that is holy and good and deserving of all our thanks and praise. Thank You Lord for the love that You so freely give. I ask that You would teach me to open my hands to fully receive and give all that You have to offer.

I love You so much Dearest Lord. Help me love others and myself as You would have me do. I ask ALL this in Your most holy name. Thank You. Amen.

(433 words ~ 11:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment